How does the AWS Shared Responsibility Model change under compliance regulations? The short answer – it doesn’t. AWS is responsible for securing the underlying infrastructure that supports the cloud and the services provided; while AWS customers are responsible for any data they put in the cloud. This shared model can help relieve the IT operational burden, but if you aren’t aware of your responsibility, it can create compliance chaos.
In this webinar, Michael Osterman, President of Osterman Research, will cover what it means to share the responsibility of data in the cloud – including the certifications, regulations, and frameworks AWS aligns with to support compliance – like GDPR, PCI DSS, HIPAA, SOC, and other regulatory requirements.
- Review the shared responsibility model and data compliance issues
- Understand how to act as a data controller or data processor within AWS environment
- Help you realize data protection by avoiding the common security and data access risks
- Find ways to meet your compliance goals on AWS
- Review data governance, like data retention, data classification, defensible deletion, and more