Identity and data security innovator drove 3X growth by meeting a growing demand for enterprise cloud security
NEW YORK -- January 6, 2021 -- Sonrai Security, the leader in identity and data security for public cloud, today announced that it will close 2020 having achieved a number of critical milestones, including more than 3X customer growth, a number of large enterprise client deployments and a wide range of new product innovations.
“2020 was a year in which many companies were driven to adopt and expand public cloud deployments,” said Brendan Hannigan, CEO and co-founder of Sonrai Security. “We are very grateful to the many large enterprises that turned to Sonrai Security to automatically find and eliminate identity, data, and platform risks across their AWS, Azure, and GCP infrastructures.”
Key momentum milestones in 2020 include:
- Expanded large enterprise client roster: Clients include multiple Top 10 North American banks, multiple Fortune 100 enterprises, and mid-sized enterprises across the healthcare, technology, and retail industries.
- Multiple industry accolades: Sonrai Security was recognized with two Stevie® Awards: Identity & Access Security Solution and FinTech Solution. Sonrai Dig also won the Cloud Security CISO Choice Award from Security Current, in addition to being named a winner in Cloud Computing Magazine’s 2020 Cloud Security Excellence Awards.
- Significant Sonrai Dig platform innovations: Sonrai Security launched its Governance Automation Engine for identity and data security in the cloud, featuring complete automation to enforce least privilege, least access, and hundreds of other controls across AWS, Azure, and Google Clouds. Sonrai was also granted a patent for its identity graphing invention that delivers complete visibility into cloud identity risks.
- New funding: Sonrai Security secured $20M in series B funding in a round led by Menlo Ventures with participation from founding investor Polaris Partners and series A lead Ten Eleven Ventures. The new funding, which brings the total raised to $38.5M in 18 months, is being used to accelerate research and development in addition to global sales and marketing activities for Sonrai Dig.
- Strategic technology partnerships: Sonrai Security achieved strategic growth by becoming an Advanced Technology Partner with AWS and achieving ISV Accelerate status. The company also added Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud to its growing list of partners. Noted technology integrations include Hashicorp, IBM Qradar, Slack, and Jira .
- Employee growth: The company moved to its new headquarters in New York City and increased employee headcount in North America by 65%.
- New compliance certification: Sonrai Security achieved SOC2 (Systems and Organization Controls) certification, establishing a process across the organization for monitoring unusual and unauthorized system activity and user access levels.
About Sonrai Security
Sonrai Security delivers an enterprise identity and data security platform for AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and Kubernetes. The Sonrai Dig platform is built on a sophisticated graph that identifies and monitors every possible relationship between identities and data that exists inside an organization’s public cloud. Dig’s Governance Automation Engine automates workflow, remediation, and prevention capabilities across cloud and security teams to ensure end-to-end security. The company has offices in New York and New Brunswick, Canada and is backed by Menlo Ventures, Polaris Partners and Ten Eleven Ventures.