Full-Time Position Fredericton, NB
Sonrai Security is seeking a technology leader to lead quality engineering efforts across all of its agile development teams in developing and expanding its industry-leading Sonrai Data Identity Governance (Dig) platform. As a technical leader, you are pragmatic and can bring quality discipline to the organization across all facets of the product development life cycle. This organization is a mix of engineers, product managers, and user experience designers engaged in a high-velocity mission to grow and expand the Sonrai platform.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, primary responsibilities of this role include management and growth quality engineering teams, ownership of the organizational automation strategy, and user acceptance testing. In this role, you will be partnering with Product Management, Development, and Cloud Operations on the delivery of a complex product at a high-quality bar in a fast-paced environment.
This role requires working closely with product management, development, and operations teams to instill a repeatable quality level in delivery. This position involves regular communication with senior management on strategy, status, and risks. Excellent listening, writing, and very strong technical competency are essential. Ideal candidates will have experience growing and leading medium to large-sized quality engineering teams and defining automation and user acceptance testing strategies.
In this role you will be:
- Leading the implementation of an automation strategy on a rapid delivery model to maintain quality across APIs, Platform Functions and key cloud security use cases.
- Owning the state of automation testing.
- Working with Product Management and other stakeholders to augment and improve User Acceptance Testing processes on Sonrai DIG key use cases.
- Defining, reporting and delivering on engineering and product quality metrics.
- Improving quality engineering process, best practices and developer workflows.
- Collaborating with development in understanding technical architecture and design to optimize testing and automation practices and align automation plans.
- Actively participating in prioritization, scoping, planning and execution.
- Validating that user expectations will be met through the automated and user acceptance testing that is in place.
- 10+ years of experience building and leading quality engineering - preferably on cloud based SAAS platforms.
- 5+ years in people management experience with a passion for mentorship.
- A strong understanding of QA Methodologies and Frameworks and Full Stack Development.
- A strong understanding of modern web technologies including REST APIs GraphQL and microservice development on Kubernetes.
- Experience with CI/CD Pipelines and Agile Development including feature flags and experimentation frameworks.
- Deep knowledge of programming & architectures (including Go, Java, Messaging Protocols and Cloud Services)
- Experience in Cloud Based SAAS platforms.
- Exceptional project planning/executing skills including estimating, scheduling and executing on committed schedules.
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with git and related tools like Github.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering preferably in Computer Science (or related discipline).
- 7+ years of experience as a Quality Engineer.
- Experience with building automation and testing into complex systems scale.
- Experience with AWS Cloud-Based Services
To apply for this role, please send a resume to email@example.com